Arvixe web hosting

Welcome Guest! To enable all features Log in or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rohanphillips  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:43:17 PM(UTC)
rohanphillips

Today I found a bug that I would like you to take a look at please.

Here is how to replicate it
1. Add Gallery Server to two separate pages
2. Under Gallery Manager, create a second Gallery
3. On each page, make sure that there are unique galleries assigned... ie Gallery1 on Page1 Gallery 2 on page two
4. In the Gallery on the 1st page, create an Album that contains another two sub albums
5. On the main album, choose 'move this album'
6. Try moving the album to the gallery on the second page

This should produce a critical error banner and nothing shows.

Looking up the Database, you will find in table dbo.gs_Album that the field FKGalleryId will have been changed to represent the second page for the parent album but not the child albums. Once the Child album values are updated to represent the second album page, all is good with the world again.

Thanks
Rohan
Roger Martin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:56:37 PM(UTC)
Roger Martin

Thank you for reporting this issue, especially for the excellent repro steps. I actually identified this about a month ago and implemented a fix that will be released in 2.6.1, which will be out very soon. Details about the bug are below.

I'm not sure why you think the move should "should produce a critical error banner", though. It is valid to move albums to another gallery, and the bug fix now correctly handles it.

Bug #532: Moving an album to another gallery causes BusinessException when subsequently viewing target gallery

Date: 2012-01-13

Summary:
After moving an album from one gallery to another, and then loading the root album in the target gallery, this error occurs:
Expected this.Parent.FullPhysicalPathOnDisk ("C:\inetpub\wwwroot\gs\media-clients\Client Albums\") to start with "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\gs\media-photographers", but it did not.

Resolution:
During the move operation, the gallery ID for all moved child albums are not updated to the new value. The fix was to add IGalleryObject.GalleryIdHasChanged to keep track of when a new gallery is assigned to an album, and then add code in AlbumSaveBehavior to detect this setting and, when true, update all child albums to the new gallery ID.

Roger Martin
Creator and Lead Developer of Gallery Server Pro
Roger Martin  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 2:45:45 PM(UTC)
Roger Martin

2.6.1 is now released. It contains a fix for this issue.
Roger Martin
Creator and Lead Developer of Gallery Server Pro
Rss Feed  Atom Feed